Types of frameworks
These frameworks don’t stand alone, they overlap
- creating spaces, flow, movement through the enviroment we move in
- in the offline world this is known as architecture
- in the online world known as interaction design/information architecture
- opportunities for access and flow are created through links, actions, menus, form submission
- affects they way we see things
- the visual design in a product, brochure, advert, web page will affect how users see and interact with it
- if the visual heirachy is strong and correct users will naturally follow the set path designed to enhance user experience
- eg are elements appropriately weighted so that their relationships are clear ie a main heading is larger than sub headings.
- eg are their distracting elements or does the users eye naturally flow to the most important information
- affects the way we interact with others
- can the user like, share, comment, favourite something?
- can relationships be imported or exported and more importantly does it make sense to do so?
- relatively new framework that is still be explored
- primary goal is clarity
- affects the way we think about something
- more often communicated through words and images
- words and images shape the way users see and experience design and this will become your brand