Rules of UX design:
1. Everything a designer does affects the user’s experience.
2. Adding something or leaving it out needs to fit with the intended message – a positive user experience
3. Everything: colour, type, capitalization, placement, additions, subtraction is part of communication
4. Ask: does this element support or contradict what I am trying to communicate
What makes the user experience?
1. Everything your user interacts with makes up their user experience: brand, website, call centre, advertisements, company, social media etc
2. All aspects of interaction needs to be flawless: the software, the copy-writing, the graphics, layout, flows, physical experiences
3. All touch points are part of the user experience